Start: Parked on the corner of Marias & Governor Nicholls St, in the Tremé district of New Orleans, Louisiana.
End: Parked on the corner of Marias & Governor Nicholls St, in the Tremé district of New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Happened upon a New Orleans parade! They’re called “second lines”, and are essentially the parade of people behind the typical parade.
- Mine was for the Black Men’s Labor Union. No, it wasn’t a protest or a strike; just a parade!
- Later in the evening, overheard another parade. These things are everywhere!
- The outfits—absurd! Straight out of the ‘20s.
- Happened upon a birthday party on the sidewalk. Felt odd to this CA native. Seemed commonplace here.
- Wrote about my time in New Orleans & relationship to partying.
- For a celebration to matter, you need something to celebrate.
- “It’s the universal New Orleans excuse for being late: “I got stuck behind a second line.” -[Redacted].
- Half-an-hour phone call with [Redacted].
- Watched a few more episodes of Bojack Horseman.
- “Shrimp po boy on french, dressed with everything.”
- Fettucini alfredo & pizza
- Getting back to the grind.