Start: Myschevia Festival, Armadillo Acres, Hughes Springs, TX.
End: Outside the Town Square, Downtown Hughes Springs, TX
- Drove from Hughes Springs to Gilmer to retrieve Smidge.
- Smidge did well at the sitter. No accidents, no fights. Nothing to report. Great.
- Drove back to Hughes Springs so I can pick up my letter from [redacted] when the post office opens tomorrow.
- Met all sorts of great people during my last ranger shift at the burn, during teardown/exodus.
- Helped the Fairy Tale camp remove their tent stakes.
- Hugged many people.
- Discussed fireworks with [redacted], the firework designer at Myschevia; he invited me to help design them next year. (He designed the greatest fireworks show I’ve ever seen, even better than the 6 years I’ve seen them at Burning Man).
- Received a new art to hang on my wall.
- The North Texas Regional Burn’s walkie talkies are crap. They still run a very well-organized burn.
- “In a culture so steeped in toxic masculinity, any emotional expression must come out through machismo.” -A Guy at the Burn, on why the North Texas Regional Burn is so Punk Rock.
Next stop: Austin. (Tomorrow?)
- The poly pod I met last night wants me to visit them.
- They have “three dogs and a driveway.” I want to [redacted].
- [Redacted], the dude with the [redacted] tattoos invited me to [redacted].