Start: Parked outside [redacted], New Orleans, Louisiana.
End: sleeping in [redacted], New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Wandered around New Orleans dresser in a couple’s costume: I was Draco Malfoy & Smidge was Dobby the House Elf.
- Drunk wandering is just as pointless as I remember. Trying to find that friend, avoiding places with covers, etc.
- Felt twice like I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be.
- When [redacted] and I were playing connect 4 as the night was coming to a close.
- Wandering down Bourbon street sipping a delightfully fruity daiquiri.
- Talked through [redacted]’s life goals and how he should choose a career by ability, not passion.
- Did two [redacted].
- Phone with [redacted] to tell her I [redacted].
- People are the same everywhere. The difference is interests, topics, opportunities. Same people, tho.
- Sleep deprivation keeps people wired and happy.
- I don’t enjoy dressing up for Halloween. Too much effort, too little value.
- “I’m gonna be a cow.” -[redacted].
- “The first thing to attack in your enemy is their communications.” -[redacted].
- I like this quote for its wide-ranging reach. Whether playing chess or in war with a country, the first thing to destroy is their ability to think. You knock out that ability by knocking out communications—between them and another or within one, itself.
- Work for [redacted].
- Did [redacted]’s dishes. What a gift.
- [Redacted] with [redacted] feels oddly fractured again.
- Cooked a steak and sweet potatoes for [redacted] & me.
- Chicken tenders at dinner.
- Hanging with [redacted].
- Sleeping late.
Start: Parked outside the New Orleans African American Museum, Governor Nicholl’s Street, New Orleans, Louisiana
End: Parked outside [redacted], New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Everyone’s self-conscious about something vis-à-vis their sex life.
- “Sir, sir,” the older woman behind me in Walmart says. “Yes?” I reply, removing a headphone. “You have nice looking legs.” “Thanks, I appreciate that,” I say and then feel incredibly uncomfortable.
- “You can sweat on the inside, just don’t sweat on the outside.” -[Redacted].
- “You’re interesting, in a challenging way.” -[Redacted].
- Call with [redacted] to reorganize his working life.
- Call with [redacted] for fun.
- First [redacted]. With [redacted].
- [Redacted] with both [redacted].
- Gave [redacted] while [redacted].
- Playfighting / [redacted] with [redacted].
- [Redacted]’s stories:
- Stealing $1,100 from a movie theater by dropping the $100 bills into a big gulp cup.
- Smuggling drugs into prison as a guard.
- Stopping 3 kids from stealing his car stereo & dodging a bullet in the process.
- Awake till 5am for the third time in New Orleans. It was 6am, this time.
- Showered at Planet Fitness.
- Bought steaks from Walmart.
- The death ritual. Well structured, good concept; lacking in execution &/or details.
- First muffaletta! Yum.
- The stew that [redacted] made. That chick can cook!
- Nap tomorrow?!?!
- Rocky Horror tomorrow?!?!
- More [redacted] with these great people?!?!
Start: [Redacted], New Orleans, Louisiana.
End: Parked outside the New Orleans African American Museum, Governor Nicholl’s Street, New Orleans, Louisiana
- All the thoughts that bubbled up as part of watching the comedy special Nanette.
- This dialog:
- Me: “I’m doing a couples costume with my dog: I’m Lucius Malfoy and she’s Dobby the House Elf.”
- [Redacted] (Former college classmate): “That sounds exploitative.”
- Me: “Yeah, I’ll have to watch out for the Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare.”
- Vaguely disappointing [redacted].
- A bit of [redacted] work.
- Didn’t love [redacted]. Enjoyed talking [redacted] though.
- Pizza & fettuccine in New Orleans again.
- Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey.
- Date with [redacted].
- My death ceremony.
- Getting out of New Orleans.
Start: [Redacted], Pflugerville, TX
End: [Redacted], Pflugerville, TX
- Ate 4 cans of Campbell’s Chicken Noodle Soup.
- Ate a handful of Lindor Lindt White Chocolate Truffles.
- Sous vided steak for David & Stephanie. Muy delicioso!
- Didn’t go farther than 0.5 miles from the house today. Drank red wine.
- Both contribute to my sadness this evening.
- [Redacted] got steak lodged in his esophagus. That’s 3 major dangerous events in my life involving people eating too large pieces of steak. Clearly it fucking happens. CUT YOUR STEAK SMALL, PEOPLE!
- Renegotiated the [redacted] deal. Now get [redacted] & the equivalent of [redacted] in equity. Feel fine about it.
- Worked on [redacted] for 2.25 hours.
- Completed an [redacted] chapter & sent it back.
- Defeated level 7 in Hogwarts Battle. KILLIN’ IT!
- Halloween in New Orleans!
- [Redacted]’s birthday party in St Louis. Should be OFF THE HIZZOUSE.
- Writing a response letter to [redacted]. I miss her.