Start: [Redacted], New Orleans, Louisiana.
End: [Redacted], New Orleans, Louisiana.
- [Redacted] gave me $2 as backpay for [redacted] favors. Hilarious.
- Made [redacted] by snapping my fingers.
- Dinner with [redacted], wherein we discussed books and ideas and art. I like her.
- Cuddled with [redacted] for a long while. Watched her cook dinner, too. Both very intimate.
- Lots of [redacted]! Great. YAY!
- [Redacted] is not withholding. She does the thing she wants to do irrespective of what someone else wants. That’s self-driven and irrespective of someone else’s desires, but it’s not withholding.
- The feeling of something being meaningful is just that—a feeling—and could be wrong.
- [Redacted] talking with me:
- “How late are you staying up? I casually need one or two more shots.”
- “What?! You alcoholic!”
- “Of photos!
- The feeling of something being meaningful is just that—a feeling—and could be wrong. E.g. “When I nerd out about something for hours and hours, it’s not necessarily because it’s the most important thing in the world. It’s because I get pleasure out of the feeling of nerding out.” -[Redacted]
- “Sometimes I feel like life is just a series of obligations that repeat every day.” -me
- “I hate being organized when I don’t remember where I organized things.”-[redacted]
- [Redacted] work. 37 mins, nothing happened, [redacted].
- Completed my daily writing.
- Completed my travelog.
- Boudin balls at Buffa’s. Delicious!
- Sleeping well! In bed to sleep before 1am.
Start: Parked outside the New Orleans African American Museum, Governor Nicholl’s Street, New Orleans, Louisiana
End: Parked outside [redacted], New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Everyone’s self-conscious about something vis-à-vis their sex life.
- “Sir, sir,” the older woman behind me in Walmart says. “Yes?” I reply, removing a headphone. “You have nice looking legs.” “Thanks, I appreciate that,” I say and then feel incredibly uncomfortable.
- “You can sweat on the inside, just don’t sweat on the outside.” -[Redacted].
- “You’re interesting, in a challenging way.” -[Redacted].
- Call with [redacted] to reorganize his working life.
- Call with [redacted] for fun.
- First [redacted]. With [redacted].
- [Redacted] with both [redacted].
- Gave [redacted] while [redacted].
- Playfighting / [redacted] with [redacted].
- [Redacted]’s stories:
- Stealing $1,100 from a movie theater by dropping the $100 bills into a big gulp cup.
- Smuggling drugs into prison as a guard.
- Stopping 3 kids from stealing his car stereo & dodging a bullet in the process.
- Awake till 5am for the third time in New Orleans. It was 6am, this time.
- Showered at Planet Fitness.
- Bought steaks from Walmart.
- The death ritual. Well structured, good concept; lacking in execution &/or details.
- First muffaletta! Yum.
- The stew that [redacted] made. That chick can cook!
- Nap tomorrow?!?!
- Rocky Horror tomorrow?!?!
- More [redacted] with these great people?!?!
Start: Outside E Bar Tex-Mex Restaurant, Dallas, TX
End: Guest Room in [redacted]’s house, Austin, TX
- Shared my moscato with [redacted].
- Sex with complicated people is, well, complicated.
- You can live like a king in the outskirts of Austin (two-story house, 4 bedrooms, hot tub with a projector) for the same price as a solo studio apartment in San Francisco.
- Walked Smidge through Dallas. Got lost, got directions from a helpful guy outside a convenience store.
- Hot tubbed with [redacted].
- Arrived to Austin.
- Called the three groups I want to meet in Austin:
- Called dad, told him about the burn and that I plan to [redacted]. He said, “be safe, whatever that means.”
- Called [redacted], told her stories about the burn.
- Spoke with [redacted] about his relationships & his life.
- Called [redacted]; she’s [redacted], not super happy with her life.