Start: [Redacted], New Orleans, Louisiana.
End: [Redacted], New Orleans, Louisiana.
- [Redacted] gave me $2 as backpay for [redacted] favors. Hilarious.
- Made [redacted] by snapping my fingers.
- Dinner with [redacted], wherein we discussed books and ideas and art. I like her.
- Cuddled with [redacted] for a long while. Watched her cook dinner, too. Both very intimate.
- Lots of [redacted]! Great. YAY!
- [Redacted] is not withholding. She does the thing she wants to do irrespective of what someone else wants. That’s self-driven and irrespective of someone else’s desires, but it’s not withholding.
- The feeling of something being meaningful is just that—a feeling—and could be wrong.
- [Redacted] talking with me:
- “How late are you staying up? I casually need one or two more shots.”
- “What?! You alcoholic!”
- “Of photos!
- The feeling of something being meaningful is just that—a feeling—and could be wrong. E.g. “When I nerd out about something for hours and hours, it’s not necessarily because it’s the most important thing in the world. It’s because I get pleasure out of the feeling of nerding out.” -[Redacted]
- “Sometimes I feel like life is just a series of obligations that repeat every day.” -me
- “I hate being organized when I don’t remember where I organized things.”-[redacted]
- [Redacted] work. 37 mins, nothing happened, [redacted].
- Completed my daily writing.
- Completed my travelog.
- Boudin balls at Buffa’s. Delicious!
- Sleeping well! In bed to sleep before 1am.
Start: Parked outside the New Orleans African American Museum, Governor Nicholl’s Street, New Orleans, Louisiana
End: Parked outside [redacted], New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Everyone’s self-conscious about something vis-à-vis their sex life.
- “Sir, sir,” the older woman behind me in Walmart says. “Yes?” I reply, removing a headphone. “You have nice looking legs.” “Thanks, I appreciate that,” I say and then feel incredibly uncomfortable.
- “You can sweat on the inside, just don’t sweat on the outside.” -[Redacted].
- “You’re interesting, in a challenging way.” -[Redacted].
- Call with [redacted] to reorganize his working life.
- Call with [redacted] for fun.
- First [redacted]. With [redacted].
- [Redacted] with both [redacted].
- Gave [redacted] while [redacted].
- Playfighting / [redacted] with [redacted].
- [Redacted]’s stories:
- Stealing $1,100 from a movie theater by dropping the $100 bills into a big gulp cup.
- Smuggling drugs into prison as a guard.
- Stopping 3 kids from stealing his car stereo & dodging a bullet in the process.
- Awake till 5am for the third time in New Orleans. It was 6am, this time.
- Showered at Planet Fitness.
- Bought steaks from Walmart.
- The death ritual. Well structured, good concept; lacking in execution &/or details.
- First muffaletta! Yum.
- The stew that [redacted] made. That chick can cook!
- Nap tomorrow?!?!
- Rocky Horror tomorrow?!?!
- More [redacted] with these great people?!?!
Start: [Redacted], Pflugerville, TX
End: [Redacted], Pflugerville, TX
- Ate 4 cans of Campbell’s Chicken Noodle Soup.
- Ate a handful of Lindor Lindt White Chocolate Truffles.
- Sous vided steak for David & Stephanie. Muy delicioso!
- Didn’t go farther than 0.5 miles from the house today. Drank red wine.
- Both contribute to my sadness this evening.
- [Redacted] got steak lodged in his esophagus. That’s 3 major dangerous events in my life involving people eating too large pieces of steak. Clearly it fucking happens. CUT YOUR STEAK SMALL, PEOPLE!
- Renegotiated the [redacted] deal. Now get [redacted] & the equivalent of [redacted] in equity. Feel fine about it.
- Worked on [redacted] for 2.25 hours.
- Completed an [redacted] chapter & sent it back.
- Defeated level 7 in Hogwarts Battle. KILLIN’ IT!
- Halloween in New Orleans!
- [Redacted]’s birthday party in St Louis. Should be OFF THE HIZZOUSE.
- Writing a response letter to [redacted]. I miss her.
Start: [Redacted], Austin TX.
End: [Redacted], Pflugerville, TX
- Bought 10 cans of Campbell’s Chicken Noodle Soup. Ate 4 today, cold, straight out of the can.
- Domino’s Pizza for dinner.
- “I think everyone’s more of a jerk when they’re sick. If you’re a genuinely good person when you’re sick, then there’s something wrong with you.” -[redacted]
- Having a place to use as home base matters.
- Living in a temperature-controlled house matters.
- Made [redacted] for the first time in ~6 months. He doesn’t typically [redacted], esp not [redacted].
- Woke up with a sore throat. Wasn’t sure if it was illness or just tired muscles from too much [redacted].
- Negotiated [redacted] with [redacted]. [Redacted].
- Played Hogwarts Battle with [redacted]. Fun game. I like co-ops.
Start: [Redacted]’s house, South Austin, TX
End: [Redacted]’s [redacted], [redacted], Austin TX.
- Sous vided two steaks for [redacted] and myself; seared it at the end. Was DELISH.
- “I can’t even spell API.” – Me, making a joke after someone asks if I can help them get an API key.
- “Your bathroom does a great job of making people uncomfortable while they pee.” -Me, to [redacted].
- While scritching & belly-rubbing Simba ([redacted]’s cat) and sitting between him & Smidge, the feeling that I’m precisely where I’m supposed to be.
- [Redacted] with [redacted]. [Redacted] fun. She [redacted]. Feels like I won.
- [Redacted]. I don’t mind, hey 🙂
- Worked on [redacted] for 2+ hours. Tried to get in touch with [redacted], presumably to discuss [redacted].
- Decided my strategy in that conversation:
- 1. [Redacted]. Ask if we can re-approach [redacted] in the next quarter [redacted].
- 2. [Redacted] in a graduated fashion. [Redacted].
- 3. [Redacted]
- Cuddled with [redacted]. It gave me the feels.
- Probably the first time someone’s asked me. “Can I kiss you?”. It was ADORABLE. Really cute. Loved it.
- Kissed [redacted] back, our second time. Felt too much, like [redacted] felt uncomfortable being not-in-control. If we kiss again, I’ll make sure [redacted] feels safe.
- Yard sale tomorrow? I LOVE yard sales!
Start: Outside E Bar Tex-Mex Restaurant, Dallas, TX
End: Guest Room in [redacted]’s house, Austin, TX
- Shared my moscato with [redacted].
- Sex with complicated people is, well, complicated.
- You can live like a king in the outskirts of Austin (two-story house, 4 bedrooms, hot tub with a projector) for the same price as a solo studio apartment in San Francisco.
- Walked Smidge through Dallas. Got lost, got directions from a helpful guy outside a convenience store.
- Hot tubbed with [redacted].
- Arrived to Austin.
- Called the three groups I want to meet in Austin:
- Called dad, told him about the burn and that I plan to [redacted]. He said, “be safe, whatever that means.”
- Called [redacted], told her stories about the burn.
- Spoke with [redacted] about his relationships & his life.
- Called [redacted]; she’s [redacted], not super happy with her life.
In this corner, at five-pound-four and thirty inches long, she’s the fiercest chihuahua you’ve ever met. She defends her food with the courage of a Rottweiler. She’s a fierce mama bear with six gnawed nipples to prove it. She marks giants’ territory as her own and likes her scritches… ruff.
Ladies and Gentlemen…
The one and only…
Want more Smidge? Comment with a request.